2. Who is responsible for the processing of your personal data?
Cinionic is the party responsible for the processing of your personal data.
3. Which personal data do we process about you?
We collect your personal data in three ways:
1. Information provided by you
We receive your information in the first place if you share it with us by:
- contacting us via the contact form
- filling in a form on our website
- requesting content (e.g. brochures or other downloads)
- signing up for e-mail communications
- participating in a survey
- applying for a job with us
- creating a ‘myCinionic’ account
- logging a ticket for technical questions
- asking for service support
- registering for an event or webinar
In these cases, we may receive information such as your first name, last name, e-mail address, telephone number, title, address details (street, number, postcode, city, country), date and place of birth, work and educational history, achievements and test results; the project or the region in which you are interested, your company, your position, your correspondence with Cinionic, and other personal and/or contact details.
2. Automatically obtained information
When you browse our website, we receive data from cookie providers about your activity on our website such as the time and duration of your visit, the hyperlinks that you clicked which brought you to our website and the hyperlinks on our website which link to other websites, your IP address, the pages you visit, the browser you use, geographical data such as your location and your preferred language.
3. Information obtained from third parties
Sometimes we also receive your information from affiliated companies, third parties in relation to recruitment (such as your references, prior employers, assessment centers, hiring or recruitment agencies, LinkedIn, other employees present during your interview) or from professional data suppliers.
For what purposes do we process your personal data?
4.1. In order to respond to your requests and keep you informed
We process your personal data when you order a product, request a quote, sign up for marketing communication, press releases, invitations for events, newsletters for latest news, request a training or service and so on.
For this purpose, we may process data such as your name, your address, your e-mail address, your telephone number, your preferred language and the project or the region in which you are interested.
These data are processed on the basis of your unambiguous consent, the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or your request to take steps prior to entering into a contract.
4.2. In order to answer your questions and exchange information
If you ask us questions by telephone or e-mail, we will process your personal data in order to respond to your question.
For this purpose, we may process data such as your name, your company name, your position, your e-mail address, your telephone number, your correspondence with Cinionic and all other personal data that you provide to us that can be relevant for answering your question.
These data are processed on the basis of your request to take steps prior to entering a contract, the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or Cinionic’s legitimate interest in informing you about its activities.
4.3. For recruitment & selection purposes
We will process your personal data for recruitment & selection purposes only as explained below.
The processing of your personal data for recruitment & selection purposes is based either on
- your consent
- your request to take steps prior to entering into a contract, e.g. if you send us your application
- our legitimate human resources reasons including:
- identifying, screening and evaluating applicants for potential employment;
- recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring;
- ensuring compliance with legal requirements, including without being limited to security requirements, diversity and inclusion requirements and practices;
- conducting criminal history checks if permitted by applicable law;
- protecting our legal rights to the extent authorized or permitted by law; and
- in emergency situations where the health or safety of one or more individuals may be endangered.
We may desire to retain your personal data to consider you for possible other employment opportunities. In such an event, we will seek your explicit consent.
4.4. For the technical and functional management of our website
We process personal data for the technical and functional management of our website, in order to personalize the website and to ensure that the website is easy to use.
For this purpose, we may process data such as your IP address, the pages you visit, the browser you use, the websites you visited earlier, geographical data such as your location, your preferred language and the time and duration of your visit.
These data are processed on the basis of your unambiguous consent or on the basis of Cinionic’s legitimate interest in improving its websites and protecting itself against cyber-attacks.
4.5. In order to set up and manage a myCinionic account
We process personal data when you create a myCinionic account. When you sign into your myCinionic account, we create a record of your sign-in, which includes the date and time, your sign-in name and the unique number assigned to your account. Signing into your account enables improved personalization, the possibility to follow trainings, ask for service support and other enhanced features and settings.
For this purpose we may process data such as your name, your e-mail address, your telephone number, your preferred language, your company name, your Cinionic contact, your partner types and your market and application segments.
These data are processed on the basis of your unambiguous consent, your request to take steps prior to entering a contract, the performance of a contract to which you are a party or Cinionic’s legitimate interest in informing you about its activities.
You may receive automated transactional e-mails from the myCinionic platform.
4.6. For administration and organization of events or webinars
We process personal data when you register for a live/virtual event or webinar hosted by/at Cinionic, to reserve a place for you at the event or webinar, to provide information about the event or webinar for which you have registered, for general administration and organization of the event or webinar, to ask you for your feedback or review after an event or webinar you have attended, to create a delegate list which will be shared with an exhibitor or sponsor at the event, to plan better future events or webinars and attendee experience, to communicate with you about other events and/or webinarsto film and photograph the event and to take a screen record, which will be used to market Cinionic and to promote future events or webinar on our website and social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube). You will be notified if we intend to photograph/film an event or take a screen record, for example, in the invitation, on the event/webinar registration page and/or on signs at the event. Where possible, we will provide photo- and film-free zones.
For this purpose we may process personal data such as your first name, last name, e-mail address, telephone number, address details (street, number, postcode, city, country), the event you wish to attend, your position, your image and other contact details.
These data are processed on the basis of Cinionic’s legitimate interest of event planning or your unambiguous consent.
4. Who has access to your personal data?
Cinionic can share your data with other companies associated with Cinionic.
We may share your personal data with third parties to perform certain (processing) activities:
- processors who act on our behalf, such as e.g. marketing and communication companies;
- business partners with whom we carry out joint promotions or programs;
- distributors and resellers who are authorized to sell our products in order to provide sales services;
- business partners who provide service support;
- service providers for hosting the websites;
- service providers for recruiting software;
- IT service providers that provide technical support;
- payment service providers;
- external organisations providing services for events/webinars;
- attorneys and external advisors: in certain cases, Cinionic may transfer your personal data to attorneys and external advisors if this is necessary to give us advice or to defend our rights;
- supervisory authorities in case of a lawful request;
- assessment centers and hiring or recruitment agencies to assist us in our recruitment & selection process;
- possible acquirers of the whole or part of Cinionic in the event that (a part of) our activities would be taken over by a third party.
Personal information is not sold by Barco within the meaning of the CCPA.
Cinionic is committed to always ensuring an adequate and sufficient level of protection for your data. If you have any questions or would like more information about the transfer of your personal data outside the European Economic Area or the sharing of your data with a third party, you can send an email to email@example.com.
Personal data are not provided to other parties, unless required by law or pursuant to a court order.
5. What about links to other websites and social media?
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
If you accept an offer of employment by us, any relevant personal data collected during your pre-employment period will become part of your personnel records and will be retained in accordance with specific country requirements.
If no legal retention period applies, Cinionic will process your data at least as long as it has a contractual relationship with you.
7. How are your personal data protected?
Cinionic strives to protect your personal data by means of technical and organizational measures, such as firewalls and secured servers that may only be accessed by a limited number of persons holding special access rights and with respect to the nature of the data.
Despite these measures, due care should be taken when storing and/or sharing your personal data and login, particularly when connecting via unsecure or public networks.
8. What are your rights and how can you exercise them?
You have a number of rights with regard to your personal data, such as the right of access, the right to rectification of inaccurate personal data, the right to erasure or restriction of processing, the right to data portability, the right not to be subject to profiling and the right to object to the processing. Some of these rights have a very specific scope or are subject to special conditions or exceptions. Please contact us for any questions or requests regarding the processing of your personal data (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If the processing of your data is based on consent, you also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without this affecting the legitimacy of the processing done prior to the withdrawal of your consent. You can send an e-mail to email@example.com or you can unsubscribe by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. All our e-mails contain an “unsubscribe” link. Cinionic BVBA cannot process your request without proof of your identity.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority of your habitual residence, your place of work or the place of an alleged infringement. The Belgian Data Protection Authority is the supervisory authority for Belgium and can be contacted at email@example.com.
Under the CCPA, you have the right to request a disclosure of the personal information Cinionic has collected about you during the prior 12 months, to request deletion of your personal information, to request a disclosure of your personal information Cinionic has sold or shared with third parties during the prior 12 months, or to seek information from Cinionic about your rights under the CCPA. To exercise any of these rights or ask additional questions, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org, or send a letter to our U.S. office at :
3059 Premiere Parkway, Suite 400
Duluth, GA 30097.